With the first day of fall right around the corner, here are some fun activities around town to celebrate the season!
- What better way to spend the day than at one of your local pumpkin patches or apple orchards!
- Get spooky at one of the many haunted houses in the area.
- Kick back and enjoy the Centris Movie Night & Carnival at Werner Park.
- Experience something new at the National Alpaca Farm Days Free Open House.
- See how the animals act after dark at Spooktacular at the Omaha Zoo & Aquarium.
Spruce up your home for fall with these decorating ideas!
- Color Mix – Try arranging purple and pink flowers among your pumpkins and gourds to elevate the basic fall palette.
- Complementary Colors – Create a big impact with your fall displays by using contrasting colors. Use a colored vase that complements the color of the leaves you use.
- Take it Outside – Why should your indoor spaces have all the fun? Add a touch of fall to your front door using the same elements you use inside.
- Branch Out – Create a large-scale arrangement with a few branches.
- Wreaths – A wreath is a perfect way to tie in fall decor to not only your front door but also to mantels, walls, and more.
For even more fall decor ideas, follow this link!
Have you visited Omaha’s Blackstone District yet?
The Blackstone District is a revitalized historic district stretching along Midtown’s Farnam Street. Originally built as a business district in the early 1900s, it was close to the wealthiest neighborhoods in the city.
Eventually, like the rest of the city, the neighbors moved out west for more space to spread out. For years, the area struggled with businesses that couldn’t stay afloat. But now, with the revitalization going on in the neighborhood, new businesses are doing well. They’re drawing in new clientele and have made the Blackstone District a thriving area of Omaha, not only to hang out, but to live in as well.
Butterfish, one of the newest additions, is an Asian restaurant serving Sushi, Asian Small Plates and a full bar program. If you haven’t already, stop in for a taste!
Curious about the Omaha market? Looking to buy or sell a home?
If you or someone you know is thinking about buying or selling a home, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions! Follow any of the links below or reach out to me directly via email or phone!