It’s hot out there, folks. Here are some tips on keeping your home cool this summer.
- Use Ceiling & Exhaust Fans – Running a fan counterclockwise will have a cooling effect of six degrees, but they won’t lower the room’s temperature.
- Don’t Block Registers – It’s very important to keep registers clear otherwise the system will be less efficient.
- Block the Sun From Entering – Pull down shades and close curtains to block off the sun and slow a room from heating up.
- Maintain Your Air Conditioner – Air conditioners need to be serviced once a year by a professional so that they’re cleaned, adjusted and working properly. Experts also recommend changing your air filter.
- Use a Dehumidifier – By keeping your home’s humidity at about 50% during the summertime, you’ll save money by being able to raise the temperature on your thermostat.
- Clear Landscaping – Clear any shrubs and make sure the grass isn’t too high around your air condition so that there’s enough airflow around the unit.
Ice Cream! What Better Way to Stay Cool
Here are some awesome places around town to grab a scoop (or two or three):
- Ted & Wally’s. An Omaha staple since 1984, Ted and Wally’s has been serving high-quality homemade ice cream from scratch to downtown’s, and now Benson’s, finest.
- Coneflower Creamery. Crafted with creativity and a love of real, local ingredients, their ice cream flavors change with the season an availability. Unique and delicious!
- Freezing Thai Rolled Ice Cream. For something a little different, try out this Thai rolled ice cream. The line can be long but it’s well worth the wait.
- Dairy Chef. Some may think Elkhorn is too long of a drive for a cold treat but this place is worth it. Homemade ice cream sandwiches? Sign me up. Plus, this Sunday, July 21st is their 50th anniversary! If you find yourself nearby, check it out!
Looking for something to do on the weekends?
The Omaha Farmers Market is back in full swing! Ready to check it out but not sure where/when to go? Below are the locations, dates, and times of each market. Just do your best to stay cool!
Looking for help with your lawn care?
Green Sky Lawn Care handles many aspects of lawn care service, including mulch.
Reach out to Matt Pavel at
402-740-4515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information!
New Listing! 2115 S 212th St, Elkhorn NE 68022 – $595,000
Step inside and fall in love with this custom built two-story home. Timeless white kitchen with large center island overlooking the great room with floor to ceiling stone fireplace and trayed ceiling. Yes, it’s a show stopper! Main floor office with barn door. 3 spacious upstairs bedrooms with attached bathrooms, large upstairs flex space, and main-floor laundry. The large master bedroom en-suite features individual vanities and a clawfoot tub and large walk-in shower. The landscaped exterior accentuates this exquisite home’s curb appeal.
Looking for more information? Click here or give me a call!