For those few of you who aren’t aware, Valentine’s Day is today! Here are some fun facts about the day that you may not have known…
How to Begin Decluttering Your Home
Whether you tackle it as part of downsizing effort or simply to simplify your life, decluttering an entire home is a big job. The best way to tackle it is in stages—focus on one room, one space, or even one zone within a room (like your kitchen cabinets), completing the job fully before moving on to the next space. This will also build confidence as you experience visible success at each step.
You won’t need fancy tools to declutter your home, but you will need five baskets or bins defined for these five purposes:
- Put Away: This container is for items that have crept out of their storage spaces. These are items that will go back in their designated spots.
- Recycle: This bin is for items that need to be recycled, such as paper, plastic or glass.
- Fix/Mend: Use this container for items that need further tinkering, such as a pair of shoes that you love but which need to be cleaned.
- Trash: Designate one basket for items that are simply trash—things that can go into the trash immediately.
- Donate: Designate one bit for items that you can donate to a charitable organization or another person.
You can use bins, baskets or even cardboard boxes for this task. You can bring these bins into each room or leave them in a central place in your home while you work. As you complete each room, take your Put Away bin and return items to their rightful place in the house.
New Low Price! 213 S 26th St. Unit 4
Desirable urban condo in prime downtown location! Conveniently located near Midtown Crossing and The Blackstone District. Updated finishes and historic character are blended throughout this spacious unit. Exposed brick, ducts, and newer floor-to-ceiling windows. Exterior building insured by HOA and includes water and parking spot. Furnace/AC services ’18.
Looking for more information? Click here or give me a call!
Curious about the Omaha market? Looking to buy or sell a home?
If you or someone you know is thinking about buying or selling a home, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions! Follow any of the links below or reach out to me directly via email or phone!