Cleanup Tips to Prepare Your Home for Winter. Now is a good time to take care of home repair projects
before shorter days, ice, and snow.
- Care for trees and shrubs. If you have trees on your property, consider hiring an arborist to care
for them — these pros can spot signs of poor health early on to prevent tree loss, and know how
to prune properly to avoid falling limbs in winter storms.
- Rake leaves. Leaves look beautiful blanketing the ground, but leaving too many leaves on a lawn
over winter in a snowy area can inhibit spring growth.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. Once most of the leaves have fallen, clean out gutters and
downspouts. Clogged gutters during storms can cause water and ice to pool and damage your
roof or siding.
- Make exterior repairs. Take a walk around your property, looking for signs of damage to the
roof, siding and foundation. If you spot anything that needs repair, schedule it before winter
- Seal gaps where critters could enter. Fill small holes and cover any larger gaps securely with
heavy-duty hardware cloth to keep the wildlife outdoors.
- Add weatherstripping. Weatherstripping applied around frames of windows and doors helps
boost winter warmth and cut energy costs.
- Check safety devices. Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors; replace batteries
as needed. Check the expiration date on your fire extinguisher and replace if needed.
- Clean dryer vents. Lint buildup in dryer vents can make your dryer work less efficiently and even
cause a fire.
Over the last couple of years, I’m sure you’ve heard quite a bit about rising home prices. Today,
expert projections still forecast continued growth, just at a slower pace. One of the ofen-overlooked
benefits of rising home prices is the positive impact they have on home equity. Here are three ways this
is a win for homeowners:
- Move-Up Opportunity. With the rise in prices, homeowners naturally experience an increase in
home equity. This increase in profit means if homeowners decide to sell, they’ll be able to put
their equity to work for them as they make plans to move up into their next home.
- Gain in Seller’s Profit. In Q2 of 2019, seller’s profit jumped at one of the fastest rates since 2015.
Looking at the amount paid when they bought their homes, and then the amount they received
afer selling, some homeowners were able to walk away with a significant gain.
- Out of a Negative Equity Situation. Negative equity occurs when there is a decline in home
value, an increase in mortgage debt, or both. Many families experienced these challenges over
the last decade. The good news is, many families have moved beyond a negative equity situation,
and no longer owe more on their mortgage than the value of their home.
What does this all mean? If you’re a current homeowner, you may have more equity than you realize.
Your equity can open the door to future opportunities, such as moving up to your dream home. If you
have questions about the buying/selling process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Looking for something to do on the weekends?
The Omaha Farmers Market is back in full swing! Ready to
check it out but not sure where/when to go? Below are the
locations, dates, and times of each market. Just do your best
to stay cool!
Downtown. Open every Saturday from 8:00am – 12:30pm
Aksarben. Open every Sunday from 8:00am – 12:30pm
Midtown Crossing. Last Friday of the Month, May –
September 2019 from 6p.m. to 10p.m.
New Price! 2115 S 212th St, Elkhorn NE
68022 – $569,900
Step inside and fall in love with this custom built
two-story home. Timeless white kitchen with large
center island overlooking the great room with floor
to ceiling stone fireplace and trayed ceiling. Yes, it’s a
show stopper! Main floor office with barn door. 3
spacious upstairs bedrooms with attached
bathrooms, large upstairs flex space, and main-floor
laundry. The large master bedroom en-suite features
individual vanities and a clawfoot tub and large
walk-in shower. The landscaped exterior accentuates
this exquisite home’s curb appeal.
Looking for more information? Click here or give me
New Listing! 7684 Shirley St, Omaha NE
68124 – $439,000
Desirable location, spacious layout, a true must-see
in Loveland’s District 66 neighborhood. Original
stoned entryway, large living room w/bay window,
original floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace & an
abundance of natural light. Kitchen features center
island, granite countertops & walk-out to an
impressive yard w/established trees, a raised
composite deck w/built-in bench & large
stamped concrete patio. Great for entertaining!
Finished lower level w/fireplace, daylight windows &
rough-in for wet bar.
Looking for more information? Click here or give me
Coming Soon Listings
- 804 N 28th Ave, Blair, NE 68008 – Great investment opportunity! Blair 3 plex is now available for
new ownership. Spacious units, off-street parking, all units are separately metered.
- 11113 Arrowhead Dr, Blair, NE 68008 – 4 bed, 4 bath, 3 car garage, approx. 3,125 sq ft.
- 120 S 38th St. Unit 16, Omaha, NE 68131 – 1 bed, 1 bath Terra Cotta Condo with 2 parking
If you’d like more information, please let me know!
Curious about the Omaha market? Looking to buy or sell a home?
If you or someone you know is thinking about buying or selling a home, please don’t hesitate to reach out
to me with questions! Follow any of the links below or reach out to me directly via email or phone!